We all have a responsibility to promote high standards of behaviour in the game. Players tell us they want a referee for every match, yet thousands of match officials drop out because of the abuse and intimidation they receive on and off the pitch. Respect your referee today and you may just get one for every match this season.
Play your part and observe AFC Oldham's Respect Code of Conduct for players at all times.
On and off the field, I will:
• Adhere to the Laws of The Game
• Display and promote high standards of behaviour
• Promote Fair Play
• Always respect the match officials’ decisions
• Never engage in public criticism of the match officials
• Never engage in offensive, insulting or abusive language or behaviour
• Never engage in bullying, intimidation or harassment
• Speak to my team-mates, the opposition and my coach/manager with respect
• Remember we all make mistakes.
• Win or lose with dignity. Shake hands with the opposing team and the referee at the end of every game.
• Meet at the club's HQ before the game
• My signing on fee is £35 and will be paid within four weeks of me signing for the club
• All fines should be paid within four weeks
I understand that if I do not follow the Code,
any/all of the following actions may be taken
by my club, County FA or The FA:
• Be required to apologise to team-mates, the other team, referee or team manager
• Receive a warning from the coach
• Receive a written warning from the club committee
• Be required to attend an FA education course
• Be dropped or substituted
• Be suspended from training
• Not be selected for the team
• Be required to serve a suspension
• Be fined
• Be required to leave the club. In addition:
• The FA/County FA could impose a fine and/or suspension on the club.